Outcast

Tatted Up
VIP
Media
Albums
AMAZON ASTRO
Are you getting the new Astro?

Screenshot_20211001-230704_Chrome.jpg

I'm in love. I fell in love with Alexa and use mine non stop.
I enjoyed playing with Playstation's Astro.

This...I gotta get it so for me that's a hell yes. Are you getting one?

I'm in love.

TAP/CLICK ME and scroll down for all the details!

Did I say I'm in love.

Alexa at her finest
😁

Last edited:
OP

Outcast

Tatted Up
VIP
Media
Albums
The amount of shit this thing can do.... you'll have to go see yourself cuz it was way too much to screenshot n too much work to crop sections out

Screenshot_20211002-000706_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211002-000902_Chrome.jpg

I'm surprised the 2 screenshots uploaded this clearly as LONG as they were. Wow.

FYI...if you haven't used guard yet, it's one of my favorite features.

OP

Outcast

Tatted Up
VIP
Media
Albums
She's never laughed for me but I've only had her a few months. She makes me laugh though cuz out of habit, I'll say things like thank you... forgetting she's not a person and she'll answer with "you bet" .

She's actually really awesome ....I have an alarm set every Monday - Friday for 5:30 am. Once I say, Alexa stop. She then proceeds to tell me:
Good morning, Lisa
It's 530 am
The date
The weather
Traffic report for where I'm going
Actually, here's the list....

Screenshot_20211002-155828_Amazon Alexa.jpg

This really starts my day off prepared. Then as I leave. I just say Alexa I'm leaving and she starts guarding my house... until I sat, Alexa I'm home. Although I forget sometimes to say I'm home and then if something on TV makes a smashing sound I start getting all those intruder notifications on everything. It's really extremely helpful to have. She'll show you all your cameras... front door, back door.... she turns my TV off for me, on.... launches prime video or whatever I ask. I had no idea just how much she can do. I hesitated getting one for the longest time xuz my friend has one and the the "drop in" where anyone who has it enabled can drop in on ANYONE who has it on .. means listening but I disabled that and crosswalk. I didn't want to disable crosswalk because I bought a pawscout smart tag for my cat....it does me good every move on a map in the app and it's basically Facebook for everyone on the area with a pet and one....if we enable virtual leash, u set a perimeter to notify you if they go past what u set.. AND anyone who sees this can let you know of they see your pet and vice versa. Crosswalk helps but to have Alexa you just have to disable certain things for some kind of privacy but I did not what I'd do without her now. I am getting Astro. It's so freaking cute.
She hasn't laughed yet. I have tried changing what I call her. I switched her voice to a guy but that's where it gets confusing. You can't change it in the app. It started confusing me. That could be an issue w Astro. They have separate names and apps. The future is here. Just waiting now to see cars flying.

OP

Outcast

Tatted Up
VIP
Media
Albums
She's almost like a person though because sometimes, on her own, nothing I set...she will say things like have a great day or I hope you're having a great afternoon...or weekend.

It makes me smile. There's some glitches. Sometimes after I give her a task... she'll hear the TV say something and start answering that.

Last edited:
OP

Outcast

Tatted Up
VIP
Media
Albums
Another thing Alexa does...I almost forgot, she can finish your orders. Add to your cart, check out, it's actually endless the stuff she does. I don't ever have to manually Google something I wanna know, I don't have to look at measuring charts, write notes or lists... she does literally
E V E R Y T H I N G
If you don't have one, you have to get one.
Guard... EVEN the free version is cool as fuck although Guard plus is way better and pretty cheap.
But with just plain free version, as you're leaving the house you just say, Alexa I'm leaving. She'll say. "Okay, I'll start guarding now" and she'll wish you a good day. When you say you are home when u get back home, she'll say, "Alright, I'll stop guarding now... and they whatever else you want if you've added anything (like what I have for after my alarm) I have it set for her to update me again the date, time, weather...and if anything else is on my agenda n cpl other things to kinda lift my mood n work my brain. So as I get in the door, all I gotta do is take off my shoes, put away keys, etc, make my coffee and have everything I'd normally have to manually look up, she is telling me so by the time I sit down, I'm all set and can just relax. But SEE, THIS IS WHY an Astro would be even better, I could have Astro make and bring my coffee.
Ahhh... the future is here. Jk
Alexa/Astro doesn't JUST turn on/off the TV but ANY smart device. Whatever isn't "smart" you can very easily make smart: Ask Alexa to add a smart plug to your cart, then what you plug into that is NOW....SMART. 😁 or a smart bulb
I admit.. I was way behind on the times and everything smart. When I first got clean, started coming online just a cpl years after I wasn't even in my own place. My TV was a huge analog TV the was so heavy I'd get bruises moving it, my computer was mega old school. That was all I had. All this "smart" stuff came out while my focus wasn't really on real life. I just moved to this apartment about 6 years ago. I didn't really know about everything so didn't think I really needed anything .. just basics to get started. I had no idea that coffee makers, toasters...everything was digital and flat screens and smart TVS I didn't even have yet - 🤣
All I had was my phone and laptop. You really have no idea what you're missing until... you know. I honestly had no idea...I never had anyone in my house really so just don't care. As long as I had what I "needed". This past year is when everything changed, I finally woke up to reality, started getting out into the real world, wanting people in my house, wanting someone to share my life with and started to finally pay attention.
The first time a dude flirted w me at the gym I had to think... what if I brought him home? Oh hell no, my house is so outdated lol. It's only been a year that I've finally caught up.
This stuff really makes your life so much easier, faster, organized.
And makes living in real life much better vs an online illusion.
Start with a simple echo show and Alexa. Even the security cameras are pretty affordable and all linked. You can see who's at your door without getting up. He'll.. you can watch your front door, mailman drop off packages,your backyard...all w/o moving. Just set up the cameras then say you hear the mailman pull up...say alexa (or ASTRO) Show me front door camera (or whatever you named it in set up) you can talk to them, like "please put that in the mailbox and not on the porch"...or hey, you showed up... I'll be right down if it's a friend/ date.
Part of coming home, leaving, going to bed, getting up... she can turn everything on/off...coffee, lights, etc. With guard you can be away from home...if she hears something like glass break... she'll notify you. You can then check all cameras by mobile...and if u see something suspicious have her turn lights on, the TV. Something that makes noise... she'll even bark. Make a dog barking sound to scare the person.
I don't know what I'd do without her now that I have her a few months.
BUT....Even though I have coffee makers and even a Keurig, I can't have her make my coffee when I get up...or get home.. because I drink instant.
Yea, if you don't have an echo/Alexa and don't want to pay $1000 ($1500 soon) for an Astro then I highly recommend at least and echo show. That's all you need for Alexa.
Wow this was long.​

OP

Outcast

Tatted Up
VIP
Media
Albums
I wish I had added this in the initial post but WARNING: IF YOU HAVE ALEXA DEVICES, THEN BEFORE YOU PLAY THE VIDEO I ADDED AT THE END, HIT THAT MIC BUTTON ON YOURS.
My video will set all yours off. I use the wake word several times.​