• By Thread starter Deleted
  • Replies 4
  • Views 141
Start date

Zach

Village Idiot
Media
Albums
TV. Your brain actually perceives movies and television as reality. It can't tell the difference between real and fictional relationships. Because of this we develop bonds.

It can even be cathartic if the character is going through something similar to your situation in reality.

But even though these relationships can feel authentic, in reality, these types of bonds are what psychologists refer to as parasocial relationships, aka human connections that are strictly one-sided. Which aren't inherently unhealthy, but only really raises an issue if said attachment takes precedent over the people and events happening in your real world.

At the end of the day I say TV. I know myself, and I'm pretty sure there have been times when I've cried harder at a character's fictional death than I have at my own family member's funeral. It proves I have empathy for others. Albeit fictional characters.

Mortegan Faust

Fresh Ink
Media
I enjoy both, as long as they appeal to my taste. I try not to indulge too much, as one's "Dunbar's Number" can be thrown into overdrive, which leads to the same scenario found in the mouse utopia.

Inked

Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
I go through phases. But right now I choose gaming over movies or TV. I have 4 free months of Xbox Game Pass for PC to use.. trying to get the most out of it.