Not open for further replies.

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
I'll update this single thread if there's anything worth mentioning.

Some may remember it from the past and now it's back. It basically lets you create your own group for whatever you want (that's legal, obviously). Groups can have forums, sub-forums, can add photos/videos/etc, and a calendar. Groups can be public, hidden, invite only, etc. Any member can create one or more groups and you can join as many groups as you like.

Last edited:
OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
Some of the old school trophies are being added as badges! This is work in progress so it'll grow over time. As you earn them you get alerted and they show on your profile.

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
When Tattoos Anonymous existed some members donated for addons and were given a title. Supporter titles have been given back, based on the information still available.

The titles were:
  1. Supporter
  2. Elite Supporter
  3. Legendary Supporter
If you should have had a title but didn't get one on here let me know.

Last edited:
OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
Chat rooms will be added again soon. Not sure what the room names will be yet or if there's any new cool features to them (the version I last used was nearly 2 years old). There will be at least one room where people who aren't logged in will be able to chat. Until there's more site traffic I expect chat won't have much activity but it's a useful feature to have. I may sit in chat all day and see what happens.

Edit: Chat is on here. I'm gonna try to make it a bit more mobile phone friendly.

Last edited:
OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
There's now VIP, which includes:
  1. Picking an icon next to your username and color
  2. Picking your username style and color
  3. Picking your text color (currently only shows in the forums)
  4. Pick your chat text color
  5. Seeing when your sent messages were read
Once you're VIP...
You can pick your icon and icon color by editing your profile (it's at the very bottom).

Picking your username style and text color requires going to the "Blings" on the menu and then buying the two items, which are available to VIPs for free. Once bought, they each have a configure link to configure them. Only confusing the first time you do it.

Picking your chat text color involves going into chat and clicking the gear icon at the top-right of the chat window. A menu will popup and at the bottom will be a color picker.

Buying VIP
VIP can be bought for a month with real money ($5.00) or Bling Bucks (500 of them). To buy VIP, click your picture in the navigation bar at the top and then click on "Account upgrades".

Your Bling Bucks
Since accounts were imported into here, see the following so you can get your Bling Bucks...

Last edited:
OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
Some additional site features will be built soon:
  1. A normal member list page. The page will be ordered by last visit date. This won't replace the existing member pages, which are more stats.
  2. A tattoo shops directory. Tattoo Shops directory has been added by tweaking an existing add-on.
  3. Probably blogs at some point. This would likely get used when the population/activity is much greater. It's easy enough to create though.

Last edited:
OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
I created a new "Members" page, which is more like what we're used to. The original one can be found under the "Members" sub-menu, titled "Notable members".

A couple things to point out:
  1. It's missing age, gender, and an online icon.
  2. There's some styling issues on phones that'll be worked on in the day or two. Display issues seem fixed... at least on my iPhone.
  3. The site is doing some caching so the list updates only like once per hour. I'm gonna see if I can either shorten it or bypass it. I think you can still show as online but not be at the top of the list where you'd expect to be.
  4. At some point I'll add filtering by gender, verified artists, and other useful profile information.

Last edited:
OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
Working on creating a blog section where users can write blog entries. Probably no one will any time soon but it's easier to create for learning purposes of creating more complex add-ons for here. Then after will be a tattoo shops directory.

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
There's now 3 ways you can connect your account for faster logins. This is probably more useful for those wishing to join as it's quicker, but anyone can connect their account.
  1. Facebook
  2. Google
  3. Microsoft
Connecting to one of those services eliminates the need to enter a username (or email) and password on here to login. If you have an account here already, you can find connect as one of your profile settings.

Since there's already a Facebook trophy, I'll add it as a badge for anyone who connects their account to Facebook.
facebook2.png

If you have trouble connecting, please let me know.

Edit: I removed Microsoft for now since that's giving an error.

Last edited:
OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
There's now a forum specifically for making and voting on suggestions for the site. Suggestions was popular in 2010-2013. One day it shall be popular again! It's a neat feature though so might as well take advantage of it.

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
The "Featured Tattoos" widget on the home page has been temporarily disabled for the time being as it has a bit of performance hit.

Edit: Re-enabled. Still have performance tweaking to do.

Last edited:
OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
The top of profiles look and feel has been updated. There's a new profile field "Headline" when editing your profile. Whatever you put in that box displays at the top of your profile as well as the member tooltip (the popup that displays when you tap a person).

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
Profiles and member tooltips now show how many photos and videos the person uploaded with a link to view them all (the ones you have permission to view).

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
Personalization colors is a bit of a mess on here. Under Blings you pick your username color and forum text color. When editing your profile you pick your icon and icon color. In chat you pick your chat color. And most places where your text appears there is no color at all. Probably tomorrow I'm gonna look into this. The end goal will be to have you pick your colors once when editing your profile and have it apply everywhere.

Edit: I'll probably make a new page. A single page where you can pick all of your colors.

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
I've locked the thread because this is only for posting changes to the site. Like an update history. I've moved posts that were replies to changes. Those posts should go in their own thread.

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
There's now a new page about referring members. Referring members awards you with Bling Bucks and badges. Currently, Bling Bucks is used to buy VIP, which provides personalization options, such as picking an icon next to your username and picking your text color.

The Invite menu link now links to that page.

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
There's now a username search on the home page. If you're using a phone it's below the forum list otherwise it's in the right column. It searches for partial usernames so you don't need to know the full username you're looking for.

The search at the top of all pages here works well for searching for some things, but not everything. It doesn't search for members, only stuff posted by members. I'm still deciding what do with that search since it's gonna confuse people.

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
If you have VIP you can now pick a text color which your text displays as most places on the site. You can pick the color by editing your profile.

OP
Inked

Inked

Veteran Ink
Media
Albums
Tattoos
1-5
Piercings
The groups feature has been disabled for now. There's another add-on that may provide a better group experience and may be added in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.