VIP
I'm a
Woman
Family!

Families can be complicated. Not everybody has that traditional "family" where everyone loves each other and supports each other. This can be a good thing. With family and all the "love and support" that comes with it, also brings things like holidays and other get togethers where not everyone quite likes each other even if they have have to love each other. This means STRESS and a lot of pretending and having to bite your tongue, especially if one of the members is a narcissist. And that's where not quite having that traditional family can be a good thing because you don't have tI fake it and go through those dreadful get together and bite your tongue.
BUT when one of them passes, for example - the narcissistic one who you just never had any kind of a relationship with aside from the fact of the same blood.
It's really hard for me to "fake it". I can't pretend to mourn for somebody I never really had any kind of anything with.

Have you ever had a family member or somebody close to the family that's passed that, although you should, you just don't feel anything for and so while others mourn, you just feel indifference?

Did others try and make you feel guilty for "not caring"?

Should you feel guilty for not caring?

There's a saying I fully believe in

BLOOD MAKES YOU RELATED. LOYALTY MAKES YOU FAMILY!

Not everyone that gets behind you has your back. They have a front row seat to watch you fall!